27 May 2014

Roses & a few paintings from my sketch book


 
Since the treatment I had for my back problem
I haven't been very active on my blog.
and now I finally need to have surgery.
Which has made me turn to my favourite things.
My garden , which as I previously mentioned
 is having to look after itself.
But somehow it's not looking too bad.
 
I've just picked out a few photos I took of the pretty pink rose.
 
 
 



 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
I've been sketching in my new sketch journals.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Every year these poppies bloom in my daughters garden.
I love the big flower, but unfortunately they don't last very long 
so they were a must to paint .
 
 

 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
Montana Clematis is in full bloom & climbing everywhere, 
 except the ones I planted to grow up onto my pergola.
for some reason they didn't like where I'd put them.
so I took a photo of some in a friends garden .
 
Then quickly sketched this into my garden sketchbook.
 
 
 
 
This was  a sprig of Lilac  which I stole from my daughters garden
I find it doesn't seem to last very long in a vase.
  
 I painted this on the hand made paper I was given
I  struggled at first using this type of paper
but now I think I'm liking the different technique I have to use.
I glued it in my sketch book.
 
 
 
 
I would like to Thank all
 my blogging friends who take the time to look at what I share,
especially those who have sent me get well wishes.
 
I'll be away for awhile.
But I will be reading my favourite blogs
even if I don't make any comments.
 
à bientôt
Barbara Lilian
 
 


13 comments:

  1. So very pretty, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sketches and photos, Barbara, I hope all goes well with your surgery and I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the surgery corrects your problem and that you will be free from pain. Your roses are blooming beautifully, mine are just leafing out. While not being able to garden, it has given you time for painting and they are all lovely. Wishing you the best, you will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are VERY, VERY beautiful Barbara!!
    Look at the flowers of Redon...a kindred spirit
    I am jealous vraiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful, Barbara, and I love your sketches and paintings. Glad your blogging again, thanks for your comment over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. found you via Painted Thoughts ....enjoyed your beautiful art - I love birds and the garden so all appealed to me. Best wishes for your surgery ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in love with your roses. When I first moved here I planted "the royal family" Diana, Elizabeth, etc. I was so excited as they all started to bloom. The next day they were all gone and there stood three little deer with roses hanging out of there mouths. But never fear I then bought some wonderful David Austin roses and planted them right under my window. The deer wouldn't dare come that close, right? WRONG. Then I tried 30 feet of shrub roses, WRONG again. Roses are not safe here unless I sit up all night and keep watch. So I do love seeing your beauties and looking at your wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to discover your blog via Shane and how beautiful your blog and gorgeous roses and garden is.
    Your paintings are very sweet and love the little birds and a favourite time of the year.
    All the best for your surgery
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came by after visiting Shane from New Zealand (Roses, Lace and Brocante). Your sketches and paintings are lovely reminders of your garden when the blooms fade. I hope that you will soon be feeling well.
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first time to your blog and the perfect post to visit on...your paintings are beautiful...so delicate and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! They say, paint what you love so you painted poppies & flowers!! Bon courage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara, your roses are just beautiful. And look at these paintings - I didn't know you knew how to sketch and draw! What a talent that is. You know, I almost love the pink rose as much as the red rose..........almost, but not quite haha.

    Enjoy the week, my friend.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dear Barbara
    Your roses are gorgeous and look so healthy.
    What a gift you have, your sketches and painting is so very beautiful - I love the sweet birdie singing his song!
    I'm hoping you are feeling a little better by now - thinking of you and sending warm wishes and gentle hugs your way.
    love
    Shane

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you