30 September 2014

Good Bye to our Summer visitors.




Now I have to say goodbye to Summer as our last guests  have just left.

Officially Autumn started on 21st September,
 but while we still had visitors staying in La Petite Maison





and we're still enjoying lovely warm sunny days, I cling on to Summer as long as I can.
 
 


Mr France and I are off to the coast
 to spend a few days enjoying the sound of the waves.
I do love where we live, but I miss the sea.
 
 
 
 
I've thrown a few mix & match outfits in a small case, nothing fancy
as we're hoping to do some walking, nothing energetic.


So hopefully if Mr France wants to take a snooze after lunch
I'll get the chance to try out the new Inktense pencils with the waterbrushes.
and have some sketches to show  you
 
 
I've recently treated myself to a box of 24 Derwent Inktense pencils.
.
 



and a pack of 3 waterbrushes. Which I haven't yet tried, so that could be interesting


 I hope I'll like using them on this trip.
 
 
 
I'm also taking my Moleskin landscape sketch journal
which I bought months ago
and it's still waiting for my 1st sketch.
 
 
 
 
 
I don't know why I'm hesitating to sketch in it.
I feel like I'm back at school starting a new term
and not wanting to make a mess on the first page.
 
 
 
I'll be taking loads of photos
so I'll show you where I've been when I get back.
 
 
à bientôt
Barbara Lilian
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time Barbara, you've got a good set of sketching tools there. The inktense are fun to use. If you want to see how a professional uses them have a look at Lynne Chapman's blog www.lynnechapman.blogspot.fr. I am looking forward to seeing what you make of them. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coucou. J'aime ta petite Maison, le Rosier est beau. Moi aussi j'aime la Mer. Passe de bons moments avec Mr France. Fait de jolies Peinture avec tes beaux Cahiers. Chez nous c'est encore l'été le Soleil brille sur notre beau Château de Chambord. Bon c'est quant même l’Automne . Bon repos et a bientôt.
    Grosse bise de la sologne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dive into the Moleskine. The paper is nice on both sides so you can use the back if you don't like the front.
    A favorite of all the sketchbooks out there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great get a way! Hope all is well and that your back is indeed better!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara - you will have to let me know how you like those inktense pencils. I have some but really haven't done much with them...sketching outdoors sounds wonderful - especially if you are along the sea.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you