04 January 2015

The end of another year.


Happy New Year to everyone.

My 2014 year had not been my best, but all that is now behind me.
I haven't made any resolutions as I usually break them, 
all I want is good health for Mr France and myself.


I've been away from my blog for awhile, spending some time in Denmark with our son, 
his lovely Danish wife and our two grandsons, along with our daughter her French husband
and their two sons, who are now young men. It was lovely to see the boys all together as the age difference is vast, it ranges from 7 to 17. It was a wonderful Christmas in our sons home.
The rest of the family had travelled by car and had to return to France, before me.
I stayed on a few more days and thought I'd share what I did and where I went.

I woke up to this lovely view at the families summer house near the coast. 
I took loads of photos so will be painting from those during the coming weeks.
I almost missed this sunrise at 8:0 am. It had snowed during the night, so it was a lovely sight.




One morning we went to see the fishing boats.This is the last harbour in Denmark 
where the boats are still pulled out of the sea onto the beach.by a huge tractor with cables .
I haven't painted boats before, so this will be a challenge.



We then wandered along to the shop where the fishermen are now allowed to sell their fish.
Thankfully the European fishing regulations have changed and the fishermen can share their quota
and also now have their own warehouse where the fish are prepared and packed ready for sale.
While we were there I only saw a few smaller fishing boats leave to collect fish from nets.
 The large boats had come in early in the morning.




The fish was mainly Cod.
Which in Denmark is a traditional meal to have on New Years Eve.




On my last day we all went to 'The Shed ' which is what the family call the small caravan they have in the woods. It can sleep two, and is a favourite place to spend weekends relaxing.
It's only small but lovely and cosy inside.






We went  there to have lunch , BBQ hot/dogs,  sausages cooked over the open fire.

I never thought I'd be sitting outside having lunch in the snow.
I had been loaned thermal leggings and some warm ski trousers, so as they say if you are
properly dressed you wont feel cold, and it's true I wasn't. 









Coffee , beer and wine.




We all sat around the open fire, on the log benches covered in fur rugs.





A lovely day so simple, but most enjoyable.




Lots of different species of pine trees all around.



My last photo of the view behind 'The Shed '
This will certainly be the 1st on my list to paint.

A wonderful memorable visit to Denmark, thank you everyone.



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian




14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you've had. Happy New year and welcome home to France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Barbara !!...love your post !!!...love Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voila une belle et douce ambiance. J'aime moi aussi ces doux moments . C'est un endroit calme . Continué a faire de jolies Aquarelles. Bonne et douce nouvelle semaine.
    Bises de la Sologne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have experienced such different things..I have seen caravans on French cooking shows:) They are very popular..Is that your lovely daughter? Or daughter-in-law?It will be nice to paint what you have seen..

    I wish you a healthy New Year...the rest follows:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara! Sounds like you had a relaxing and wonderful time over the holidays! It's interesting reading your posts. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Barbara! It sounds like you had a lovely holiday with you family...and in such beautiful surroundings.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year dear Barbara!
    Love your photos of your days in Denmark and looking forward to seeing the photos - especially the boats!
    Here's to good health for the both of you this year.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have you here with us during Christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, I was delighted to see your comment today. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Denmark. These pictures are so interesting and lovely. The snow is beautiful - how I wish it would snow here. And I love the picture of all the drinks on the tree stump. wow, I've never had a barbecue in the snow. "The Shed" looks charming, and just right for one or two people. I'm glad that you got to see all your family for the holidays.

    I wish you peace and lots of love in the new year, my friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely time with your Family and in such a pretty location. I guess as an artist you are always appreciative of the beauty around you and thinking oh! I could paint this.
    Thank-you for your kind comments on my blog-site & yes your are most welcome to paint any of my photos ... I would be honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara just had to wish you a Happy New Year. I've been laid up with a little leg surgery and now trying to play catch up. Your trip to Denmark looks like you had a great time. I shall be back soon to my blog but I've had you in my thoughts all day and want you to know my heart goes out to everyone in France at this sad time. Take care my friend.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barbara - such a nice trip and visit with your loved ones that you have shared with us! I love the idea of sitting on the fur outside by the fire - a lovely idea! The little 'cabin' is wonderful and you have a beautiful family! For some reason your blog does not update on my blog roll - maybe it is because of my blog platform being different than yours, but I will try and figure that out.....so if I have not visited in a while, that is why. I will make sure and check up on you often, though. Happy New Year my friend - I do hope it is a good one! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Barbara - thank you so much dear for sharing your visit to Denmark. Loved seeing those white fur rugs they used to cover the benches. It must be very cold there like it is here. So glad you had a great visit and got lots of beautiful pictures to inspire your paintings. Take care and have a beautiful week - hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you