31 July 2015

It wouldn't be summer without sunflowers.

25 years ago today we arrived in France to live.

 With my two Labrador dogs in the back of the car
with loads of boxes & bags pushed in to make them safe.
I can still remember driving through northern France
 seeing fields of yellow for miles & miles.

Sunflowers.


It was such a feeling of what summers were going to be like. 
I hoped they would be growing in the fields near where we were going to be living.


and they were.


This is what I see whilst driving to our nearest Boulangerie
or on my way to the hairdressers.


Certainly a joy to see.


I still smile & pinch myself seeing such beauty.


To see so many flowers turning their heads in the same direction facing the sun,
 makes me think of a crowd of sunbathers lying on the beach getting a tan.

Soon they will be harvested and sent to make Sunflower oil. 


In the meantime I'll savour the sunny days.

Enjoy your summer whether you are at home or away on holiday.


à bientôt
Barbara Lilian

11 comments:

  1. What a sight to see . . .
    Some CHEER indeed . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos! Reminds me of the joy I experienced when I saw my first field of Sunflowers after moving to Missouri. Driving on a scenic river road we rounded a curve to be surrounded with Sunflowers. It brought joy to my homesick heart and has been my all time favorite flower ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! What a beautiful view and so wonderful.
    Around here the birds strip the leaves....what do they do to keep birds from the sunflowers?
    Love it.
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Barbara! I have never seen such lovely fields of sunflowers! What a wonderful way of celebrating the anniversary of your move to France so long ago. So happy for you! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love going to my hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara,
    Whenever we have been to France, the fields of sunflowers always stick in my mind, especially the way that they all turn their faces towards the sun …. amazing. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'aime ces moments ou les champs sont en fleurs. Les photos sont bien réussies. J'espére que vous allez bien. Doux week end

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, your sunflower photos are just stunning. There is something about the sunflower with its cheerful yellow color. I bet you're happy to have made your home in France. It sounds like a wonderful place to be.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to tell you..just bought a bouquet:)

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you