17 August 2015

Château Montbrun

These days when I open my post box

It's usually full of publicity or bills that need to be paid
so it was nice to receive an invitation to have a guided tour
inside one of the many Chateaux near to where I live.





As a holiday home owner the tour was gratuit/free and friendly.
I had to be very discreet taking photos inside as it's not really allowed.
However I did have the advantage of knowing the guide.

So follow me as we take a peep around and inside,
Chateau Montbrun in the Haute-Vienne. Limousin region.


This Château is privately owned by a Dutch man who lives there.
  Over the past 25 years the Château has had three owners
If you have euros to spare you could be the proud new owner
 of this Château as it's for sale for the sum of €20,000,000

We were told that Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt flew in by helicopter
 to view, take a look here  but apparently it was too near to the road.
Not secluded enough from the Paparazzi.


From the road you are not able to see these steps.
 We were told by the guide they led to a room that in days gone
 by was kept for the Château owners secret lover.


The rear view.

The original gateway into the Château grounds.
Too dangerous now to be used, as the tower is crumbling.

I could just imagine 'Richard the Lion-heart '
and his army of men on horse-back riding in through those gates.

 The pathway leading to the rear entrance
This would have been the servants entrance,
 where they would get their water from the well.

As it's privately owned and photos are not really allowed to be taken inside

I was only able to sneak a few quick clicks with my pocket camera.
This bedroom and the toilet.

If you would like to see more photos of the Chateaux
look here   For Sale
all the information of inside is given by the Immobilier/ estate Agent.


I hope you enjoyed stepping back in time.
with me at Château Montbrun.

If you missed my previous post of many other Châteaux
where I live  ...Take a look Here

à bientôt
Barbara Lilian








15 comments:

  1. Oh my . . . such beauty . . .
    Imagine laying that stone . . . ALL of that stone. No doubt chipping away, molding, sizing, hauling it to the site to build this beauty.
    I wonder who will live there next for 20,000,000 euro . . .
    Thanks Barbara . . . A treat to see up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, your chateau tours are fascinating. Aren't we lucky to live in such a beautiful and historic country, I love to tell visitors about our local sights and I always keep a map in my bag as we are often asked for directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful place! I just had to click on the link and watch the video ♥ If only I had 20,000,000 to buy it and then another to maintain it :) Thanks for sharing >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Barbara- I so enjoyed my tour of this lovely old Chateau. It is so fun to visit your part of the world. Thank you giving me s delightful trip. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Barbara,

    Thanks for showing us the wonderful chateau and always love seeing around these amazing old places.
    Also many thanks for your kind visit - we are going to be in Paris, Biarritz and then down to St Tropez and Antibes.
    Hope you are enjoying the week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you lucky girl. Thanks for taking us along. What a remarkable place. I love that you were able to tell us a little history. Hope you are enjoying summer. Here we seem to be on fire watch all the time. Little to no rain and all my landscaping has dried up and suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little tour. Now if only I had a spare 20,000,000.00 Euros. Thanks for the enjoyable break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely tour, Barbara! I can't imagine being able to buy a chateau like this one! Love your previous post with all the gorgeous sunflowers, too. You certainly live in a beautiful place! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved all these chateau photos. It made me feel like I was touring it myself! Thank you for sharing this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun you had! What a delightful experience and thank you for sharing it!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara,
    This chateau is so old - what a wonderful building! It looks like a castle with all its historic charm. What a nice place to visit.

    Enjoy the rest of the summer days.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an outing..
    If these walls could talk right..
    Needs gardens;)
    So much beauty and history!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had you not left me such a lovely comment on my last post, I maybe would never have discovered your beautiful blog Barbara. This post is full of everything I love. Your photos are so lovely to go through and pretend I am there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning Barbara …. if only I had a spare 20,000,000 I'd buy it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara, this post is so interesting! Particularly love those overgrown crumbling walls!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you