03 May 2016

Welcome to the month of May.





The garden is full of birds singing and flitting about feeding their young.

The Robins nest we found in the shed. How long must it have taken
 these birds to build this nest, tucked in the hanging hosepipe 

We thought it had been abandoned.
Last week we saw a little head and two bright eyes staring at us 
it is the female sitting on her eggs, they have been very discreet.
We can't wait to see the feeding activity. 

After a lot if hard work, the Rose garden is now finished.


 Lots of flower buds are showing on the Clematis.


Here we used some of the willow frames, to replace the rotten ones.
This small area was planted up last year, and is now looking well established.
The small lavender plants have now doubled their size. so I'm looking forward 
to some nice perfume wafting my way when I'm relaxing near by.
 When the plants are in bloom, it will be a nice show of pink and blue
with a white climbing rose against the stone wall.
I'm glad the hard work is finished, now I can taking it a bit easy for a few days.
Hoping the warm sun we had yesterday,
 enabling Mr France and I to have lunch on the terrace will continue.


This seems like a good time for me to get my sketch books and Ink-tense pencils out.

Yesterday I saw this post from Quinn on her blog about getting back into painting.
Quinn is an incredible lady who has so many talents at her finger tips.
She lives and works looking after her goats in severe winter weather conditions.
She keeps her family of goats for their wool which she processes and 
then knits into the most lovely items, especially the lacy shawls.
Tell her I suggested you pop over to share her blog.


 My back is telling me I've done too much.
I will need  to just potter in the garden for awhile
So I'm hoping the sunny weather is here for awhile, then I will relax.
I'll be back soon.


à bientôt
Barbara Lilian



10 comments:

  1. That header I love it and all the drop shadow pics..The rose garden..is looking fab as well as tout le reste..such a lovely bird also..that photo of the pool and vino..beau!
    Take care of your back..going to visit your link w/ some water..just in from a couple of needed hours of sunshine in the emerging slowly gardens..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is full of really unique corners that will be so beautiful when everything blooms. I'm glad you're enjoying lunch outdoors and hope the warmth continues. Take good care of your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to find the bird on her nest in the shed - a very sweet sketch Barbara.
    Your rose garden is beautifully laid out - it will be such a joy watching the roses grow and bloom throughout summer.
    So nice to see your sketchbook and Ink-tense pencils (they sound like fun)!
    Take care of your back dear Barbara.
    Lovely to see your new posts pop up!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely, lovely garden and I love your bird sketch. Yes. Gardening is hard on the body. I love my garden but happy it is small. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your garden creating . . . "the new" and the lavender garden from last year . . .
    And . . . oh my . . . Little Bird, no doubt painted by you . . . is a treasure . . .
    Tiny, precious little perfect beak . . .
    Rest your back . . . sit and enjoy the sun shine warmth . . .
    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and caring . . .
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to sit with one another . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to pay attention to your back! You've done a lot in the garden and it is all looking very good. I have saved photos of the structures you've built for your roses and clematis as I'd like to do something similar here. Enjoy the sunshine on your terrace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a surprise to find myself on your blog - thank you, and I'm so glad you felt inspired to get your colors out again! I did a little pencil sketch of a chickadee today, and although I felt very, very rusty, it was also pleasantly absorbing.
    Your gardens look lovely already - I'll look forward to seeing the blooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rose garden and obelisk looks wonderful and I'm sure will be very pretty when everything starts blooming. Tis the season for back pain and in other areas too. Take care of yourself. We woke to snow on the ground this morning! Not a pleasant site for May 9 and it is very cold. We have had some lovely days though and the grass is greening (soon to be mowed) and some trees are putting out leaves. Have a beautiful week and enjoy your gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all looking amazing Lillian and will look even better when everything is in bloom..... I also love the look of your lunch too !!! haha
    Take care of your back or you could end up like me !!!!!! I can't get over the nest in the hosepipe ....... what a place to make a nest !!!!
    Enjoy your garden and the birds Lillian. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rose garden is coming along nicely, Barbara. Lunch with your husband on the terrace sounds charming.....just like a picnic.

    I hope you are enjoying these days of May. My birthday is on Sunday, yaaaay.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you