06 October 2013

Working at my potting bench.


I don't usually do another post so soon. but just had to share what I saw 
while I was working at my potting bench this morning .
take a close look at these pictures 
What can you see in each one ?



I apologise for the poor focus.
I had my camera out taking a few shots of a corner we are planning on making some changes to,
and
grabbed the camera to catch the lizard as he was just climbing out of the trough,
thinking he would slither away as soon as I clicked the shutter. As you can see he hung around popping in and out of the wreaths on the warm stone wall, stopping to do a spot of sunbathing. 







He must have spotted  something ! 





he disappeared for a moment
then I saw him on the paving slabs
 he shot out his tongue and grabbed it !




A nice juicy insect for lunch.








I was supposed to be potting up cuttings at my bench
but couldn't resist a few moments distraction.


Just in case you're wondering , I did finish potting them  later.

Enjoy your weekend what ever you're doing.

à bientôt
Barbara Lilian

6 comments:

  1. At first glance I thought it was a snake! Eek! Thank goodness it was just a lizard. I would have stopped and watched him too if I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little beastie!
    I would be distracted too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful distraction, Barbara! Hurray for you for recording this guy's activities! Beautiful fleurs too! I'm hoping to come to France in a year, maybe I will see your countryside...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara I thought you were on Blog Break....
    I have missed so many posts..It must have been due to the changes????
    Will find a way to follow again:) We are hoping to be in France too at one point in 2014..of course I said that this year too.:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! they are too cute, these little creratures. In summer we are invaded by hordes, and they keep the cats occupied all day long!
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need to eat ~ right! I also thought it was a snake at first ~ not my favourite thing at all....

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you