19 January 2014

Sleeping garden.


Although our winter has been mild we've had a lot of rain.
My garden is still sleeping.
Crocosmia


this is what we have to look forward to later in the summer.




How often do we not look up and take time to see the beauty of nature.


The sky was blue and the sun was shining

I took time this morning,
there right near to my house was this holly tree, still with plenty of berries.
 These have usually all gone by now.


Though we always make sure our bird feeders are kept full.

Coal tit
A few weeks ago I mentioned I was going to join a photography blog.
Well after reading what my first task was to be I realised it was not for me.
So Mr France has been giving me a few tips, 
and I took  these photos of the birds with his camera ,

I've been using some different menus
and I know I have a lot to learn 
but I feel I have improved.
What do you think ?

Nuthatch


Blue tit






I'm not able to do anything strenuous in the garden at the moment,
so as the sun was shining I sat in our sheltered spot 
& Mr France brought me coffee.



We sat at our little round café table
and watched the birds flying from feeder to feeder.
It won't be long before we hear them singing 
and see them starting to build their nests.




I hope you take time to look around
 and see what nature brings where ever you are.




à bientôt

Barbara Lilian










5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Barbara, You are absolutely right, we don't take enough time to see what is in front of us. I look out of the window, and see more grey clouds, but I think I should focus on the beauty around me..... no I just keep seeing grey skies! I'm only joking.
    The photographs of the birds are lovely, as you managed to get such beautiful close ups..... your husband is teaching you well.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way you are the teacher's pet too:)

    You will see that the more photos you take the more you will like it..t's such a wonderful hobby..Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your bird pictures. Utterly charming.
    Join a bird group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mésanges..they are always busy and too cute..AND greedy! I agree with Monique, just keep taking photographs..it is the best way to get better..like with everything. and yes, we should look up more often!
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barbara, this post was very close to my heart today, as I love nature so much. I feel a peace there like no other place. Bird watching is one of my favorite things to do, and your bird pictures are wonderful. I loved the one upside down. Every time you call your husband Mr. France I smile, as it sweet to hear.

    Keep taking your pictures of nature, my friend. They make my heart sing.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you