18 June 2014

Looking back.


It's now early June and I'm resting after my surgery
I've only planted up a few hanging baskets and
I've just had a phone call from 'Le Mairie' ( our local town hall)
It was strange to hear an English voice and also one I recognised,
 informing me that she was now the person in charge of the 'floral committee'
and would I be entering the floral competition as usual this year,
as I had not sent in my application form.
How things have changed since I first arrived to live in my tiny village
 take a look here
 
During the time  I've lived in France I've always had pots of flowers
on the window sills and by the front door, even when we were renovating our house.
 I felt a little sad having to say NO I would not be entering this year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you'd like to look back with me at one of my previous posts  
 
here  are some of the flowers which have won me prizes.

Little by little I'm getting better.
I'm still having to rest a lot and not allowed to go out in the car yet.
Fortunately we have glorious sunshine so I've been sitting on our terrace
I've done a little sketching, but really not 100% back into it.
Hopefully I'll get my enthusiasm back soon.

 I hope you'll enjoy seeing some of my older posts.
when the pots & baskets where at their best.


Since I've been absent,  I've gained some new followers
I hope you will come back even though my posting will be sporadic
for a little while.
Also thank you so much to those of you who have sent me get well wishes.

 
 
  
à bientôt
Barbara Lilian
 






8 comments:

  1. Each day is step towards healing and getting back to good health. Enjoy the warmth of the sun on your terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon as they say Lillian though the body has it's own time line
    I'm finally getting the cast off (not so long really) and the new boot tomorrow.
    One dreams of going to Franprix...I never thought that would happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What surgery did you have, my friend? I am glad to hear that you are healing nicely after. The pot of flowers are so lovely, and I can just see them adorning your window sill. I hope it's not too hot this summer where you live. It has been very warm here in California, so I am just staying inside and catching up on my favorite blogs.

    Take care,

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara - I hope you are getting better each day dear. Did look back on your post from two summers ago - just beautiful. Next year I am sure you will be back to your old self and entering once again your floral show. In the meantime get your strength back and relax on your terrace. Hugs Debbie - P.S. I will be looking up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Barbara, Oh I do hope you are up and about soon because I know how much you enjoy your garden. Enjoy this time relaxing (as frustrating as it must be) and catch up on a good book. We have been having some lovely weather just lately..... it finally feels like summer. The garden is growing, but having visited my mum in the South of England, my flowers are no where near as gorgeous as my mums.... but I know they will be in the next month or so.... it's those cold north east winds that are the problem.
    Take care of your self.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara,
    I'm catching up on your blog...I send you good wishes for a gentle recovery, keep on improving. I'm sorry you won't be able to enter the flower show, but I guess that time will come again. Summer is a good time for recovering...Your flowers are indeed beautiful! Best, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Barbara,

    So lovely that you are resting now after the surgery - do take care and hope the recovery will go well for you.
    The hanging baskets with flowers are so pretty.
    Sending lots of well wishes and hugs your way and many thanks for visiting me
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Barbara

    You will be relieved the surgery is over.
    I'm sure Mr France is taking very good care of you - just lap up the extra care and attention!!!
    Your window box is lovely - a wonderful combination of lobelia, geranium and nicotiana.
    I followed your link - a marvellous display in 2012 - I would love to grow geraniums like yours!

    Sending "get well wishes" and gentle hugs, take things slowly dear Barbara and enjoy your days sitting out in the sunshine!
    love
    Shane

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you