17 October 2014

Autumn colours.





The Virginia creeper which climbs up the wall
of La Petite Maison, is always the first to turn to such lovely shades of crimson.



I managed to capture the beautiful shades of gold of the leaves
on the Canadian oaks planted in rows in a field near my home.






These tall trees I see near where my daughter lives.
Another favourite walk we love to take when passing.
Fortunately I had my pocket camera with me whilst walking there recently.




Ah! good, a bench to sit awhile and soak up the splendour of natures beautiful colours.


Who wouldn't want to sit and devour these beautiful colours.
 I keep telling myself I should try painting 'en plein air'




This picture is not my own and I'm sorry I can't give credit to the photographer.
as I saw it on a friends facebook page and recognised where it is.
It's the old part of Limoges city near where I live.
It the colours that made me want to show it in my autumn colours post.




These are a few bits of autumn I brought home from my walk
waiting for me to sketch in my Moleskine journal.


With all the beauty of autumn around me
I have so much to capture, so I'd better get painting.
Couldn't resist showing a few autumn stems in a simple jam jar



.





à bientôt

Barbara Lilian


8 comments:

  1. Barbara, these are truly beautiful pictures. You captured all the colors of this wonderful season. I love the picture of the tall trees where your daughter lives. The picture of the acorns and pinecones is sweet, and those are really pretty orange stems in the jam jar. Such a lovely post today.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us, you can't fail to be inspired by the wonderful colours, have fun with the sketching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour. J'adore ces jolies couleurs. J'aime les 2 dernières photos. Passés de bons moments sur vos feuilles de Moleskine.
    BONNE JOURNEE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In years past autumn colors have been visible here...but this year they are so slow in coming....
    Love your pictures....
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is beautiful in your part of the world, Barbara! That bench looks so inviting...

    I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Lillian,
    Lovely pictures if Autumn color you captured with your pocket camera. (My iPad sometimes goofs, it should be an of instead of an if)
    I like the photo of the pine cones and other little bits you found along the way. Especially the crinkled leaf . . . I look forward to seeing your drawing.
    Fall colors are bursting here in Michigan too with busy days of cutting back plants and raking leaves.
    Happy Days To You . . .
    Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Barbara - wow your photos are stunning. Your autumn colors are just simply splendid. I just came in from my walk and gathered some leaves as I went too. Hubby was with me and he said you managed to see what others miss...glad to see you don't miss them either. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn colours are always a joy to see. It seems to be a little later this year.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you