17 January 2015

Some indoor Colour.

Still not much sun around in rural France
so I'm bringing some sunshine indoors with some Daffodils.
Not from the garden, from the Super-market bucket selection.

In the garden they are just peeping up, We haven't had any snow yet, but it's been forecast.












This quote was given to me by a dear friend in England, who I don't see as often as I used to,
but if I were to see her tomorrow it would be just like I'd seen her yesterday.




I added a few sprigs of Pieris from the garden, which helps to make 
a few flowers look like a bouquet.





After I'd put away the few decorations we had for the festive season 
I've done what my family would say is titivating. In other words re-arranging things.
It always makes me feel happy when I titivate, as things look so different 
when they've been moved to somewhere else.





I found these school text books at a brocant many years ago. The oldest is dated 1919.
 I'm always on the look out for these books, they are usually bound in red hessian.












Today I'm joining Karen for Sunlit Sunday





I hope you have sunshine for your Sunday.


à bientôt
Barbara Lilian


9 comments:

  1. Hello dear Barbara
    A bunch of Daffs is sure to bring sunshine inside on a winters day and combined with the Pieris makes a gorgeous bouquet.
    I must plant a Pieris come Autumn – it’s wonderful to add to a Tussie Mussies, my favourite little bouquets - I had one in my old garden.
    I'm hoping to pick up a bundle of books when I'm in France this year - I love poking around the brocantes!
    It would be fun to do it together!
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flowers and lovely books!
    Thank you for sharing. Have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love daffodils. They are such a happy flower and have color that makes things pop! I noticed that there were some daffs at my grocery, too. Wonderful series -- especially with the books. I adore old books. Fun to search for. Happy Sun Lit Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've brought out the sun on a damp chilly Sunday. I love the quotation, I still keep up with my old school friend and even though we see each other about once every 10 years it really does seem like yesterday when we get together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have sooo many beautifully bound books..

    Love the daffodils and the quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one English lady living in France to another, bonjour Madame!
    Love your daffs, we have about 2 dozen blooming in the garden at the moment despite all the rain we've had this month, but the big show won't be until February. Great shadow captures, too. I also like to change things around after Christmas, my friend in Texas calls it fluffing the nest!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the daffs, Barbara! How lucky are you to live in France!

    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Barbara,

    I tried the link on Sunlit Sunday, but a message came up to say the page didn't exist, so I found a different way to come see you. I'm glad I did because it's lovely to see the golden daffodils and beautiful old books. I now know what the cover is likely to be on an old book I have here, so thank you for that!

    -Karen at ☀Sunlit Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little corner of France looks wonderful Barbara. Daffodils are one of my favourites. You are lucky to have them so early. They are a difficult subject to paint. Though I will keep persevering with them. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you