31 January 2015

What do you do when it rains everyday.?


Thank you to all the bloggers new to me,who took time to visit me and leave such nice comments.
And especially to those of you who have become a follower. 

After I'd visited lots & lots of blogs
who had joined in the ''Grow Your Blog 2015 Party ''
hosted by Vicki-2bagsfull
I needed to do something else, so decided to get my paints out and do some sketches,
 Some that I can use for cards.

As you can imagine living in France I've taken lots of photographs
for future watercolour paintings.
 However it wasn't one of my own photos I chose.
I saw this on Dianne's blog


which I admired and asked her if she would mind if I painted it.
I hope you like my impression of the lovely view in Normandy, 
which Dianne captured with her camera.
If you love France and have never visited her blog
take a look, it's full of wonderful photos taken in France
along with other charming photos. 


I used 15x10 cm. post card size 230 gr and ripped the edges off.
All paints are Winsor & Newton artists aquarelle.

Now from my Christmas visit to Denmark.

If you missed my post or need reminding take a look here

Our walk at the cold snowy harbour on the North west coast of Denmark.
Looking for pebbles with holes.





Used as a warning there's a step.

Where the fishing boats are  pulled out of the sea.



My first attempt of painting boats. -  I think I have a lot to learn.

Spending time re looking at it here, I can already see where I've gone wrong
I should have given more depth to the bottom of the boats
to show they were out of the water .
I also found it difficult to paint the snow on the sand .
So I'll put that down to a lesson learnt.






A happy reminder of our winter picnic.

 I've painted this in a different style in my Moleskin journal which is different paper.
Apologies for the bad photo. it's not showing the colours as they really are. 
  
The view from the vintage caravan in the woods.
which the family call ''The Shed''


This was painted on 100gr paper, which I'm not used to using,
but thought I'd try it for sticking onto cards.

One of the many summer houses near to the one we stayed in.
I think the golden yellow looks charming against the snow
 and the dark contrast of the pine trees.


I enjoyed painting this.-  I used 300gr. Arches cold pressed 100% cotton .


This was the summerhouse we stayed in.


Would you like a peep inside?


I'm hoping we can manage to get another trip in before our busy summer.

To my new followers, I hope you've enjoyed your visit
Thank you for taking the time to view the things I share.

à bientôt

Barbara Lilian








11 comments:

  1. I love your photos of Denmark and France. Your paintings are beautiful. Especially the fishing boats. My favorite paintings are the sea and boats.I like the idea of the rocks with holes. I live in eastern Canada, near the Baie de Chaleur which is salt water from the Atlantic. I will follow your blog for more great views. Greetings,Thelma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara, what a lovely set of paintings, I must say I never complain when the weather is bad, just see it as an opportunity to get my sketchbooks out and scribble to my heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Barbara..How I love the grain in that first paper..and if that is your first attempt at boats..I see many in your future! So well done..
    Do you have a little journal too?

    Thanks for sharing your work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. I love the pictures on the right.
    I'm now following;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Barbara
    I marvel yet again at your artistic talent and the danish fishing boats strikes a chord with me - it's lovely.
    Appreciation of art is in the eye of the beholder!
    You're my favourite artist Barbara!
    I must admit I visited very few blogs at the party this year, I just couldn't get enthusiastic as I have on the other two years.
    I like to visit the real newbies and make it a worthwhile experience for them, however I found there are more quilting and crochet blogs than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Normandy picture! Blessings to you and a cup of tea too from California!
    ~Heather Elizabeth
    BlueJeansAndTeacups

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos from your trip are wonderful and and so are your paintings. ♥ You really did a good job on the boats ..... we are often our worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from California - so nice to hear from a new follower. Your water colors are charming and I am so happy that you shared them with us -so nice to have all of your wonderful photographs to paint from on a rainy day.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite watercolour sketch is your first one. For some reason it just looks so French.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your artistry . . . I wish we lived near and we would be in love painting together . . . I also wish I could figure out how to be notified when you post. I don't do the Google follow, yet we both are on it. I like this format I am writing on . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Barbara - your watercolor sketches are really beautiful my friend. I loved seeing your art as well as your lovely photos. So fun to visit your lovely spot in the world. Thank you too for your visit as well as your prayers for my Mom. It means so much. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you