24 June 2015

Summer is always a busy time.

As always Summertime keeps us busy.
The garden and our summer cottage keeps Mr France and I occupied.
After my surgery last year the garden suffered considerably.
A few weeks ago we had a visit from the person in charge of the committee

for 'Le Concours des Fleurs'/ The Floral competition.
 persuading us to enter le concour  again.
Apparently last year we had been greatly missed by the judges.
Although we always have an abundance of flowers
 in pots and hanging baskets, we agreed to enter the competition again.



I love this corner, as I can change the pots when they look a bit sad
or add some of my collected items found at the brocante  sale.
Which Mr France describes as junk !

So after returning from our short 5 day visit to the U.K.
visiting friends and family, we were frantically putting
together baskets and troughs, to adorn the terrace and windowsills,
which is the category we are entered in.

Here's a few we have done and now hanging from the terrace.




These geraniums I managed to over winter from last summer.
and just added a few other plants to fill in the gaps.




Window troughs or boxes as they are known as in England
are always a pretty way to brighten up the front of the cottage.



Our new roses planted in the Spring are flowering nicely.
If you'd like to wander around my garden with me,
come back soon and enjoy seeing what's growing
 where I live in rural France.

à bientôt

Barbara Lilian

11 comments:

  1. I can see why you've been invited to join the garden and flower tour. Your baskets and pots are so pretty and the contrast of colours against the stone walls is beautiful. Have a lovely day.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden pots and troughs are looking wonderful,so colourful! I hope you do well in the competition. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why the committee wanted you to enter again this year…you always do such a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your containers and boxes are beautiful!
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The window box of flowers with the lace curtain behind is a simply gorgeous shot. No wonder you were specially invited to join in le concours again this year. Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely container flowers . . .
    I think you'll be a winner . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck!! The baskets look wonderful...what a green thumb!
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! How nice that you were missed! You must be so glad to be gardening again...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Barbara - your flowers are just gorgeous. I am so glad that you are back enjoying your garden this summer and participating in the competition. I think you should win my friend. Have a delightful week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!
    So you are feeling better?

    I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, your blog is a visual feast!! What an amazing gardener you are! I will return soon to spend more time enjoying your older posts. I began following you a while back but have been remiss with keeping up.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you