03 December 2015

Arranging a few things before Christmas decorating.

Looking at lots of the blogs I follow,
I see many of you are already decorating your homes for Christmas.
I feel it's still a little too soon, so I've just been re-arranging 
a few items here & there around the house.

In the entrance hall I have a vintage laundry basket
 where I keep the vintage bed linen ( I've never used on my bed )
I had been rooting in the basket & piled some of the linen on top
and liked it there, so much nicer to be seen and not hidden in the basket
 It's a perfect place to show off one of my bouquets of dried roses.

Last week I went to a local charity Christmas market,
there's always what I call a rummage table, to Mr France it's junk,
and found a dirty metal framed mirror desperately in need of some TLC.
I forgot to take a photo before,  you will have to imagine 
how grubby it looked.

 I gave it a wash and then a coat of chalk paint finished off with
a rub of wax polish and liked the way it turned out.
  
I'm loving how the roses have dried. 

I always have dried  lavender and poppy heads,
I'm thinking I could use some in bunches for an indoor wreath.
I often use these porcelain baubles somewhere in the house
 so they will certainly be part of my Christmas décor.
They were a present from my sons wife .

Our weather forecast is good for the next week so I'll be out and about with my secateurs
gathering all sorts of berries and fir cones, along with lots of greenery for making wreaths.

I hope you'll come back soon,
as I'll be showing you what I've been making.


à bientôt
Barbara Lilian


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you